The Oregon Dental Association (ODA) is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all conference participants and ODA staff. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, speakers, exhibitors, ODA staff members, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Code of Conduct. This code of conduct applies to all Oregon Dental Conference® (ODC) related events, including virtual and in-person offerings.
ODA has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment by participants or our staff at the ODC. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, the ODA asks you to inform Margy Simco, Director of Education & Events at email@example.com or 503.218.2010 x2004 so that appropriate action can be taken.
Unacceptable behavior is defined as:
- Harassment, intimidation, or discrimination in any form.
- Verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, exhibitor, ODA staff member, service providers, or other conference guest.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, inappropriate use of nudity and or sexual images in public space or in presentations or during live events, or threatening or stalking any attendee, speaker, exhibitor, ODA staff member, service provider, or other meeting guest.
- Disruption of live chats and live program offerings. All participants must comply with the instructions of moderators and ODA staff.
- No attendee shall solicit or distribute business materials on the Oregon Dental Conference® virtual platform or onsite at the Oregon Convention Center, except for registered exhibitors operating within their virtual and/or physical booth space. Violation of this policy will result in deactivation of your log-in credentials to the virtual ODC platform and expulsion from the in-person conference with no tuition or booth refunds issued.
- Participants should not copy or take screen shots of Q&A or any virtual chat room activity that takes place in the virtual platform.
- Recording of any type (video, audio, live streaming) is strictly prohibited within Oregon Dental Conference® in-person or virtual continuing education sessions. Violation of this policy will result in deactivation of your log-in credentials to the virtual ODC platform and expulsion from the in-person conference with no tuition refunds issued.
ODA reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the conference without warning or refund, in response to any incident or unacceptable behavior, and ODA reserves the right to prohibit attendance at any future meetings or conferences, virtually or in-person.
ODA Antitrust Statement
ODA meetings are conducted in compliance with federal and state antitrust laws and regulations that prohibit associations from price or fee-fixing, agreements to divide patient or market areas, refusal to deal with third parties, and related conduct that is anti-competitive.