Tom Tucker Humanitarian Award
|The Tom Tucker Humanitarian award was established in 2017. It was named after Dr. Tom Tucker, a previous ODA Leader and all-around wonderful person. He contributed so much to organized dentistry, the dental profession as a whole, and his community. He was an incredibly gifted and talented individual and we were devastated to lose him far earlier than we ever expected. As a way to honor his legacy, the Tom Tucker Humanitarian Award was created and is the highest humanitarian and service award for the dentists of Oregon. The award is presented annually at the ODA House of Delegates to an individual who mirrors the image of Dr. Tom Tucker with a can-do attitude and a genuine desire to serve the common good.
- A significant number of years as an ODA member.
- Active in leadership roles within the ODA and their local component society.
- Demonstrated commitment to being an active member in their local communities.
- Demonstrated to their communities and the ODA a unique attitude and a willingness to serve.
- Mirror the image of Dr. Tom Tucker with a can-do attitude and a genuine desire to serve the common good.
A big congratulations to our previous recipients who are all very deserving of this honor!
2017: Dr. Weston Heringer, Jr.
2018: Dr. Tom Pollard
2019: Dr. Connie Masuoka
2020: Dr. Jim Smith
2021: Dr. Fred Bremner
2022: To be announced at the Oregon Dental Conference!
Nominate a Colleague:
Nominations are currently closed for 2022 and this year's recipient will be announced at the Oregon Dental Conference.
Do you know someone who should be considered for the 2023 Tom Tucker Humanitarian Award?
Nominate a Colleague