Volunteer as a Speaker Host
Volunteer as an ODC Speaker Host and Receive FREE ODC Registration!
The Annual Meeting Council is holding the fourth annual Speaker Host Dinner & Training on Thursday, January 16, 2014 at 6:30 pm at the ODA building in Wilsonville.
Attendees will learn the responsibilities and benefits (listed below) of hosting, receive a sneak peak at the 2014 Oregon Dental Conference speaker schedule and have the opportunity to select which speaker(s) they would like to host.
PLEASE NOTE: No speaker host assignments will be made prior to this event.
To Register: Email Lauren Malone by December 20, 2013.
Can't attend in person? No problem. You can join via conference call. Ask Lauren for more information when you register for the event.
Speaker Host Information:
- contact the speaker prior to the ODC
- attend speaker host training (held in Janurary and multiple times onsite at the conference)
- arrive early on the day of their presentation to help speaker with a/v set up
- hand out course evaluations
- monitor attendees for the appropriate badge (exhibit hall only badges are obvious)
- introduce the speaker
- be present in the room during the course
- be the liaison between the speaker and the Annual Meeting Council in case of technical difficulties or other problems during the course
collect course evaluations as participants exit
verbally give CE verification code to attendees at the conclusion of the course
- information on your speaker, hosting and the conference prior to the ODC
- one parking pass for the OCC garage for the day you host
- free ODC registration (if you host for a full day – i.e. 6 hours)
- hot buffet breakfast and lunch in the VIP lounge (speaker/speaker host room)
- one-on-one time with a speaker in your field