Volunteer Information >>
- Volunteer Registration
- 100% Club - see which dental offices made it possible for all of their employees to volunteer at the 2013 OrMOM
- Community Support - see which companies, organizations and schools were represented at the 2013 OrMOM
- Dates / Times/General Info
- Volunteer Orientation
- Department Protocols
- 2013 Clinic Floor Plan
- What did our volunteers have to say about OrMOM 2010?
- What do our patients have to say about OrMOM?
- Volunteer FAQs
- More about Mission of Mercy
In general, most OrMOM positions will follow the schedule below. Here are specific department start times for 2013.
- Thursday, July 10, 11 am - 5 pm: Clinic Set Up (no patients)
- Friday & Saturday, July 11-12, 6 am - 6 pm: Dental Clinic (patients)
- Saturday, July 12, 5 - 9 pm: Clinic Tear Down (no patients)
Where do I go?
More information will be posted later, but the clinic is being held in Building 7 at Chemeketa Community College in Salem.
What should I wear? What should I bring / leave at home?
- Bring a water bottle. Only water is allowed on the clinic floor, and we'll have water bubblers in the volunteer lounge and in the clinic.
- Leave your valuables behind - at home, locked in the trunk of your car, etc. There is no place to store your purse, wallet, etc, on the clinic floor. We will have a coat room, but your safest bet is to not bring anything you would miss.
- Bring an assistant chair. The mobile dental units we are renting each come with one chair, which is intended for the dentist.
- Dental professionals - bring your own loupes and/or protective eyewear. We will have all of the materials you need to practice, but if you have instruments you prefer to use, you may bring them as long as they are clearly marked with your name.
Thursday, July 10: 5:30 - 7:30 pm - includes dinner; at Chemeketa Community College, exact location TBD
30 minutes prior to your shift start time, with your department lead, in your department
MOM is divided into several departments, with each department following a specific set of protocols. Following are the protocols for the 2013 clinic (updated 11/12/13). They will be updated for the 2014 clinic in Salem, as there will be some changes given the new venue.
All volunteers should read/be familiar with these documents:
- Dental Lab
- Dental Triage
- Medical Triage
- Medication Table
- Oral Surgery
- Pediatric/ Kids Town
- Data Entry
- Directional Assistance
- Exit Interview
- Hospitality (Volunteer Food & Beverage)
- Informational Assistance
- Patient Education
- Patient Escort
- Patient Line Management
- Patient Registration
- Patient Waiting Area Checker
- Post Treatment Clipboard Checker
- Tear Down
- Volunteer Registration
- Waiting Room
- Waste Management
View the 2013 OrMOM clinic floor plan.