Volunteer Information >>
- Volunteer Registration
- 100% Club - see which dental offices made it possible for all of their employees to volunteer at the 2013 OrMOM
- Community Support - see which companies, organizations and schools were represented at the 2013 OrMOM
- Dates / Times/General Info
- Volunteer Orientation
- Volunteer Newsletters
- Department Protocols
- 2013 Clinic Floor Plan
- What did our volunteers have to say about OrMOM 2010?
- What did our patients have to say about OrMOM 2010?
- Volunteer FAQs
- More about Mission of Mercy
In general, most OrMOM positions will follow the schedule below. Here are specific department start times for 2013.
- Sunday, November 24, 11 am - 5 pm: Clinic Set Up (no patients)
- Monday & Tuesday, November 25 & 26, 6 am - 6 pm: Dental Clinic (patients)
- Tuesday, November 26, 5 - 9 pm: Clinic Tear Down (no patients)
- Wednesday, November 27 (as needed), 8 am - 12 pm: Clinic Tear Down (no patients)
Where do I go?
Volunteer registration will be in Pre-Function C, on the north end of the Oregon Convention Center (777 NE MLK Jr Blvd). If you are walking / taking public transportation, please enter through the MLK Jr lobby doors. All other doors to the building will be locked. If you're driving, park in the convention center garage, come up the elevator, and walk north to the stairs down to Pre-Function C. If you check in and get your volunteer packet on Sunday, then you can go directly to your department at the beginning of your volunteer shift.
If not, please arrive early enough to pick up your packet and be oriented. Here is the volunteer parking pass. It has information about free parking for Sunday through Tuesday.
- Bring a water bottle. Only water is allowed on the clinic floor, and we'll have water bubblers in the volunteer lounge and in the clinic.
- Leave your valuables behind - at home, locked in the trunk of your car, etc. There is no place to store your purse, wallet, etc, on the clinic floor. We will have a coat room, but your safest bet is to not bring anything you would miss.
- Bring an assistant chair. The mobile dental units we are renting each come with one chair, which is intended for the dentist.
- Dental professionals - bring your own loupes and/or protective eyewear. We will have all of the materials you need to practice, but if you have instruments you prefer to use, you may bring them as long as they are clearly marked with your name.
Sunday,November 24: 5:30 - 7:30 pm - Oregon Convention Center * Oregon Ballroom 201-203 (includes dinner)
30 minutes prior to your shift start time, with your department lead, in your department
- May 20, 2011
- September 22, 2011
- October 1, 2011
- October 27, 2011
- November 8, 2011
- November 16, 2011
- December 9, 2011
MOM is divided into several departments, with each department following a specific set of protocols. Following are the protocols for the 2013 clinic (updated 11/12/13).
All volunteers should read/be familiar with these documents:
- Dental Lab
- Dental Triage
- Medical Triage
- Medication Table
- Oral Surgery
- Pediatric/ Kids Town
- Data Entry
- Directional Assistance
- Exit Interview
- Hospitality (Volunteer Food & Beverage)
- Informational Assistance
- Patient Education
- Patient Escort
- Patient Line Management
- Patient Registration
- Patient Waiting Area Checker
- Post Treatment Clipboard Checker
- Tear Down
- Volunteer Registration
- Waiting Room
- Waste Management
View the 2013 OrMOM clinic floor plan.