Dan Nathanson, DMD, MSD
Dan Nathanson, DMD, MSD
1. Selection and Use of Modern Restorative Materials
Modern dentistry is quickly moving from older to newer material systems and related procedures, which are superior to older products but often misused. The course reviews new materials options for restorative and prosthetic dentistry, that are applicable to routine conditions. It describes attributes, indications and limitations of various systems. Innovations in, cements, adhesives, ceramics, veneer restorations, color-matching tools, etc will be presented using clinical cases as a demonstration of their application and performance.
- To become familiar with trends and development of new restorative material systems
- Highlight the correct use of products for optimal results
- Understand specific indications and contraindications for use of new materials systems
Patients with high esthetic aspirations are disappointed when results don't match their expectations, often creating an adversarial situation for the practitioner. The presentation examines the needs of patients with esthetically challenged anterior segments, highlighting common treatment mistakes and ways to avoid or correct them. Using clinical slides as case studies, the presentation covers proper communication and treatment planning, optimal treatment solutions, step by step management and materials selection that should reduce the odds of patient dissatisfaction.
- After attending this lecture, attendees will have updated information about:
- Methods for communicating, assessing, and understanding the patient’s chief esthetic complaint;
- How to select appropriate treatment options and optimal restorative materials;
- The way to determine treatment acceptance by patient prior to delivery of definitive restorations; and
- The process to evaluate effect of treatment methods on
The course examines challenging cases and presents the steps for selecting optimal treatment options, ultimately delivering results that fulfill patients’ expectations.
Dr. Nathanson is Professor and Chairman of the Department of Restorative Sciences and Biomaterials at Boston University School of Dental Medicine, including the sections on Advanced Prosthodontics, Advanced Operative Dentistry, AEGD, and Biomaterials. Fellow (& President Elect) of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, the Academy of Prosthodontics, and the Academy of Dental Materials; Member of the American College of Prosthodontics, International Associations for Dental Research, Society for Color & Appearance in Dentistry, and other organizations. Dr. Nathanson has co-authored a text on Esthetic Dentistry and published extensively. He maintains a part time prosthodontics practice in Boston lectures nationally and internationally.