V.J. Singal, MBA
Thursday, April 7, 2011
9 am - 12 pm (repeated 9 am - 12 pm Friday, April 8, 2011)
Recommended for: Entire Dental Team
3 CE Credits
Power of the Spoken Word & Techniques to Communicate with Impact and Sway
This course will examine a wide array of real-life examples--presented via handouts, video clips, slides, and anecdotes--that illustrate both exemplary and weak communication. Participants will practice and acquire numerous verbal and nonverbal techniques to make their important communications indelible, impactful, and persuasive.
- Examples of well-known Americans communicating something of great importance to raise one's consciousness about how words and/or gestures can easily strengthen or trivialize a message.
- Discussion of several verbal and nonverbal techniques to speak with impact, including hard evidence that V.J.’s techniques produce results.
- The simple but powerful 3-sentence approach to emphasizing something (or when goading/ exhorting a patient or employee to do the right thing).
- How to disarm and neutralize one’s critics and detractors without being offensive or disrespectful.
- Several tips for the front desk staff, so they can do a more effective job of merchandising the practice.
V.J. Singal, MBA a nationally known speaker, is the author of The Articulate® Professional (3rd Edition-2008), and a blog “Juicy and Readily Applicable Tips on How to Communicate with Impact.” An engineering graduate, he has an MBA with Distinction from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. His opinions have been published in The Wall Street Journal and The Economist, and aired on the BBC and CNN Headline News. V. J. spent over 20 years with Fortune 100 corporations. He has presented workshops to the federal government, numerous corporations and non-profits, and spoken at conventions / conferences across the U.S. He lives in Houston with wife Renoo and Labrador retriever Buddy. More at www.verbalenergy.com.