Dianne Glasscoe-Watterson, RDH, MBA
Dianne Glasscoe Watterson, RDH, MBA
1. Systemic Influences on Oral Health
Good oral health is not just the product of good oral hygiene. A growing body of evidence points to a wide array of systemic influences that affect oral health. This course examines various systemic diseases and medications that have a direct impact on oral health as well as the periodontal/systemic disease link. Attendees will enjoy participating in ‘Oral/Systemic Jeopardy’ as a review of information presented.
- To increase knowledge about many systemic diseases that have oral implications
- To learn the latest information about the periodontal disease/systemic disease link
- To increase awareness of the importance of a thorough intraoral/extraoral examination
- To study various medications and their effects on oral tissues
The practice of dentistry and dental hygiene involves adhering to strict standards of care. This course examines the best methods for producing desirable results to avoid injury. Clinical standards are reflected in various case histories. Proper documentation protocol, the gold standard in mitigating liability, is also discussed.
- To increase knowledge about occurrences in the dental office that can result in injury to patients
- To learn the latest information about the top ten clinical causes of liability
- To increase awareness of the importance of thorough charting protocol
- To study the role of the patient in decision-making
Implement informed consent protocol in treatment planning
Ms. Dianne Glasscoe-Watterson, has a 30+ year career in dentistry. Her business, Professional Dental Management, Inc., is based in Frederick, Maryland. Dianne has published hundreds of articles in various professional journals. She authors two monthly columns - one in Dental Economics called “Practice Wisdom” and the other in RDH called “Staff Rx”. Dianne has also authored a textbook chapter in Foundations of Periodontics for the Dental Hygienist and was honored by Dentsply® as a “Distinguished Dental Professional” in 2005. Dianne was chosen as a “Top Clinician in Speaking and Consulting” by Dentistry Today every year from 2006 - 2009.