Kenneth Koch, DMD
Kenneth Koch, DMD
Real World Endo® presents The Endo Restorative Continuum
The lecture segment of this presentation will concentrate on two areas. 1) How to perform Endodontics in a predictable, reproducible manner, and 2) How to do root canal therapy in such a manner that you actually enhance the long-term prognosis of the tooth. The goal of this program is to have dentists learn how to perform endodontics in such a way that they can offer their patients a long-term natural dentition option as an alternative to implants.
- How to create straight-line access that will expedite the endodontic process
- The multiple benefits of piezo electric ultrasonics
- Which ultrasonic tips are ideal for endodontic application
- The difference between landed and non-landed rotary files
- How to "machine" or "mill" an endodontic preparation
- The benefits of developing "endodontic synchronicity" between a machined preparation and a cone
- The multiple advantages of performing a constant .04 taper preparation
- A new adhesion based obturation technique
- How best to restore and endodontically treated tooth
- Most importantly of all, how to perform endodontics in such a manner that you do not compromise the long-term retention of the tooth. In fact, learn how to do endodontics so that you actually enhance the long-term retention of the tooth
For the ultimate Real World Experience, attendees are encouraged to bring two to four accessed, extracted teeth.
Dr. Ken Koch received both his DMD and Certificate in Endodontics from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine. He is the founder and past Director of the New Program in Postdoctoral Endodontics at the Harvard School of Dental Medicine. Prior to his Endodontic career, Dr. Koch spent ten years in the Air Force and held, among various positions, that of Chief of Prosthodontics at Osan AFB and Chief of Prosthodontics at McGuire AFB. In addition to having maintained a private practice, limited to Endodontics, Dr. Koch has lectured extensively in both the United States and abroad. He is also the author of numerous articles on Endodontics. Dr. Koch is a co-founder of Real World Endo.